Smoke Detectors Can Save Your Life

According to the Bangor Daily News:

  1. Eight people died last year due to house fires where smoke detectors were not working.
  2. Approximately 2/3 of house fire deaths in Maine happen due to a lack of working smoke detectors.
  3. Of those, almost 80% were due to the detector being disabled or lack of working batteries.

If you are buying or selling a home, make sure to use a home inspector who will check your CO and smoke detectors, and understand how they work. I check these in every home I inspect. By doing this, I am helping people live more safely while also maybe saving a life.

It might save a life, including yours. Also, know if your smoke detector is over 10 years old. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), it should be replaced if it is over 10 years old.

Customer Reviews